Tuesday 23 September 2014

On Call

So a few years ago everyone was hyping about TVB's The Hippocratic Crush (On Call 36 小時), a medical drama starring Kenneth Ma, Tavia Yeung, Mandy Wong and Him Law. Back when it aired I watched the first episode and wasn't overly fussed about it so I dropped it. 

Recently I decided that I wanted to get back into Asian Dramas so I thought I'd give it another go and OMG! Seriously guys, where have I been and what is wrong with me? On Call 36 小時 (referred to as On Call from now on) is my favourite thing, it's such a good drama and gives an interesting insight into the world of surgery and gives the viewer lot of feels. I cried so hard in certain episodes and for the rest of the time I just kept wishing that Tavia would date Kenneth instead of Him Law (I never call him Law Chung Him, always 'Him Law')in real life. 

Favourite things:
Yu Zai and Yat Kin Tau - they are so perfect for each other. Kenneth Ma and Tavia Yeung are my new favourite TVB pairing, they are so cute together <3


The opening theme 連續劇 by Joey Yung is very catchy and I love the lyrics


The *bromance*
Ok, so there are three of them but I REALLY love the scenes with Yat Kin Tau and Ben xD



There were bits in the drama that I didn't love so much (I found Mei Suet really annoying for the majority of the series and Onion didn't grow on me until 3/4 the way through) but all in all this is definitely one of TVB's finer works. Now to give On Call #2 a proper watch.

On Call #1. you're getting  9.5/10!

---
Time for deep things...are you ready?!

"Not everyone who leaves their house in the morning can be guaranteed that they’ll return safely home at night." 

This is one of my most memorable quotes from the entire series and really made me look at life in a different way. We need to appreciate life more, who knows what could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment