Wednesday 20 November 2013

I'm a Barbie Girl, in a Barbie Woooorld!

For my new project I decided to look at obsession. I'm not sure if it'll be commercial and suitable BUT...I wanted to look at a 'weird' obsession. 

Hello again, 'Barbie epidemic'!

(l-r: Venusangelic, Dakota Rose, Wang JiaYun, Anastasiya Shpagina, Valeria Lukyanova.)

There is something fascinating about this obsession with making oneself look like a perfect doll. It's a very striking look but it can't be a good influence and is probably dangerous in extreme cases. AND Photoshop MUST be involved! 

Soo...to get a feel as part of research I thought I'd try to make myself look doll-like...

Ok, so the angle isn't exactly the same but you get the idea

So dolls have flawless skin and I wanted to go for a paler colour (like a porcelain doll). However...I don't own foundation so I mixed a few blobs of concealer with moisturiser ^^'
While not perfect, it blended very smoothly. Next I applied concealer, especially under my eyes.
Using a bronzer I contoured my nose and defined my cheekbones. 
I darkened my eyebrows and then drew a cat eye using an eyeliner pencil. I then applied white eyeliner on my waterline, going slightly over to exaggerate the whites.
I WAS going to apply false lashes but failed to make them stay put ^^'
The results were fairly doll-like but not half as doll-like as Wang Jia Yun, Dakota Rose,  Anastasiya Shpagina and Valeria Lukyanova.

Next stop, Photoshop! I added circle lenses and then darkened the eyeliner. 
I then airbrushed my skin to create that flawless canvas. I then used the liquify function to alter the shape of my face.

The results are shocking!
After this I believe Photoshop can do EVERYTHING! I wonder how many of the 'dolls' have heavily shopped their photos...

I urge you all to have a go at this transformation- it's actually really fun ^^


1 comment:

  1. Yay, you look so cute!
    I will be a porcelain doll on wednesday!xD

    ReplyDelete